13 April 2007

my name is adriano

i am becoming a huge fan of finding out about the origins of things i used to hear when i was a kid... except i can't really willingly look for these things because i just don't remember them... but they resurface quickly as soon as something prompts at that memory.

i wrote a few months ago about the origins of the expression "a fuerziolis," so much used by my mom when i was a kid.

well, today i just read this article in which adriano panatta was featured. he was a famous tennis player back in the 70s, the only one to defeat the great bjorn borg (the best clay-court tennis player in history) at the french open... and he accomplished this feat twice. my dad used to call me adriano panatta when i was a kid and i never even questioned why. since my dad is not a tennis fan, i doubt he even knows why he called me that. i will ask him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home